Minor Account (Under 7 Years of age)
Minor Account (Under 7 Years of age)
This membership application form is to open an account for a person under 7 years of age. For a minor account (aged 7 to 15), single account (16 years of age and older) and joint account applications, please return to the membership page and select the appropriate account type from the drop-down menu.
IMPORTANT – An account for a person aged under 7 can only be opened by a parent or legal guardian. While the beneficial owner of the funds will be the account holder - the minor, the parent/legal guardian will be the controller of the account and must be present when a signature is required. Upon the account holder reaching their 7th birthday, he/she will automatically be regarded legally as the controller and beneficial owner of their Credit Union account. As such, they would then be the sole signatory on the account.
To be eligible to apply for membership, the applicant must live, work or study within our Common Bond areas. Please ensure you share Affinity Credit Union’s common bond before completing this form.
Proof of ID and Proof of Address for both the minor and parent/legal guardian is required, please e-mail copies of these to firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting this form.
- Proof of ID and Proof of Address for both the minor and parent/legal guardian is required, please e-mail copies of these to email@example.com after submitting this form.
- We can accept a Birth Certificate as Proof of ID for a minor
- If the minor does not have a copy of the standard Proof of Address in their own name, we can accept an official letter from a recognised school or college as Proof of Address
- Once we have received your supporting documentation and your application has been reviewed, a member of staff will be in contact to arrange a suitable time to visit your local branch to sign the membership forms.
- You will be asked to lodge a minimum of €10.00 to open the account and maintain this as a minimum balance in the account. We can accept cash, card and cheque payments in branch.
- If you wish to service your credit union account through a regular electronic transfer from your bank account, please also provide us with your bank account details in advance of visiting our offices.
- The maximum savings we can accept is €1,000 in any one calendar month. The maximum amount that a member may hold in Affinity Credit Union is €25,000.
Still Have Questions?
Have a question? Check below to see if it is answered in our Frequently Answered Questions.
If you live, work or study within the common bond areas of Affinity Credit Union, you are eligible to join. Persons who are in the same household as someone who is already a member of Affinity Credit Union will also be eligible for membership.
One of the requirements of a credit union is that members have something in common with one another, this is known as a ‘common bond’. Affinity Credit Union operates on a community common bond basis, i.e. those living or working in the same areas may join. The common bond ensures that the savings of members of the community are available to fellow members as loans. The common bond defines the area in which a credit union can operate.
We accept membership applications online for the following account types.
If you are 16 years of age or older and wish to open your own single account – click here.
If you wish to open a minor account (7-15 years of age) – click here.
If you wish to open an account for a minor (under 7 years of age) – click here. (Please note: it is only the parent or legal guardian that can open an account for a minor under 7.)
If you wish to open a joint account – click here.
If you cannot provide all the documentation required, as stated on the membership page, please contact the credit union on 0818 222 919 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes! Once your membership is activated, you can apply for a loan.